Thursday, December 31, 2009

How can I remove my highlights from my dark brown hair?

I got thin blond highlights all over my hair. I've been pretty good at keeping up with them but now I'm just tired of spending money to get them redone over and over again.


How can I get them taken out, is there a cheaper way of doing it then going to the salon?


I'm not interested in growing them out, they look awful and I'm getting pictures taken soon for my engagement announcements.


Thanks!How can I remove my highlights from my dark brown hair?
You can't ';take'; highlights out of your hair. Highlightening generally uses bleach which removes the pigment from your hair. Kind of how a bleach stain will turn a dark colored shirt white or yellow. The pigment is gone from your hair, there is nothing left to take out. I would suggest going to the salon and having them dye your hair to match your natural color. It will probably be much cheaper than getting highlights. Going back from blonde can be a bit tricky. If you hair is golden blonde and you use a box color that is too cool in tone you could end up with a yucky green mess. Let your roots grow out a bit so the stylist can match your natural color easily. Good luck!How can I remove my highlights from my dark brown hair?
Your permanent highlights should be toned down to your natural hair color by a professional colorist. If it were not such a special occasion I would recommend a beauty school but your pictures should be flawless and let's face it girl (getting the man is easy, keeping him is the hard part) You want to be as stunning as you were the day he feel in love with you or more so! Oh by the way if you choose a slightly lighter color it will look like natural sun-lighten streaks.
I do hair for a living. If you want your highlights gone for cheap.. go to a drug store and pick out a box color that you really like (normally when buying a box color, the brown shades always take a bit darker than shown) Apply it to your roots for 5 minutes and then pull it through the rest of your hair for 35 minutes. Be sure to shampoo well, towel dry hair, apply conditioner. Leave it for half an hour. Rinse with cool water.
Buy a semi permanent hair dye from the drug store. buy a shade lighter than you would like your hair to be. It washes out in 28 washed but the dye will stain the highlighted parts making then darker and they will blend almost completely with your natural color!! I've had to do this many times!
I'd say just get an at home dye. If you get a semi though they will show back through eventually... getting permanent colours put in isn't good for you hair though and isn't good incase you change tour mind about the colour...


You could go to the salon and get some low lights put in over the blonde maybe....





Be careful though - blonde can be hard to go over - can end up looking a bit green. Good luck.
im sorry


but the easiest way is to die it one colour.


:)
dye your hair a darker color
you could die it a whole diff color.. wait. no salon.. there is some shampoo that you can use..
just dye ur hairr all one colorr

No comments:

Post a Comment