Thursday, December 31, 2009

Would purple highlights work in my hair?

I have VERY dark hair. It's pretty much black. I think it'd be sweet to get purple highlights. My mom said that I would have to get the color stripped out of my hair. Would you be able to see the purple highlights in my hair if I didn't get the color stripped out first?Would purple highlights work in my hair?
if you have black hair and you use purple hair dye, the purple will just show up as a sheen when light hits it


in this case, i think it'd be cooler just to dye your whole head purple so it shines that color when you're in the sun =]


for this you'd want to use semi-permanent hair dye. i recommend manic panic ^^





if you want STREAK streaks, you'll have to lighten your hair with bleach first so that the color takes better. then it'll show up as true purple





they sell these kits at albertson's, long's, and such with color mixed into the bleach so you only have to color your hair once. the color lasts a really really really long time, and when it fades, you're left with a lighter shade of your natural color


if you're looking for the brand, i forget what it was %26gt;_%26lt; but it comes in orange, purple, blue, red, and blond and has young people with chunky streaks on the front. lolWould purple highlights work in my hair?
i found the thing i was talking about! it's called ';colour rays'; by l'oreal =] cool thing is it works in dark hair so you don't have to pre-bleach it =]





http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#page=top{nav|media:_blank|overlay:_blank|diagnostic|main:brandpage:colourrays|userdata//d+d//} Report Abuse

the only way to get the purple to show up well you would have to bleach it first.
Shes right but PLEASE dont do that to your beautiful dark hair!
No.
funny funny


i have purple highlights


they turned up on my hair- and mine is pretty darn dark.


i used ';funky';


it comes in a container that is already mixed.. and it showed up great on my hair!


not too mention all over my hands and the towel and the tub..
Sounds awesome!





If you have a lighter purple then bleach it first, but you can always use a really dark purple.





If your getting your hair done at a barber shop/salon just ask the person doing it what would work best.
It depends entirely on just what you want. I mean, if you want it to be tinged purple, then you don't need to dye it. If you really want it to stand out like WOAH, LOOK AT THAT PURPLE STREAK, then you need to bleach, then dye it. I have lighter brown hair and even then to get the blue I had in it to show properly I had to have the parts I wanted bleached, then dyed.
i think a few purple highlights would be awesome. i actually got this greenish color about a month ago in my brown hair. you probably should dye the pieces blonde first, then do the purple. but if you dont then its no big deal. the color will just show up a really dark purple.
yah ive done it b4 and yew can see even on black hair
My daughter has dark blond hair and we got her pink highlights but they faded after a few washes, the salon told her that those colors are made for blond hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment